The Automation and Control Engineer provides support in the design, integration, support, troubleshooting, and development of Real-Time Enterprise applications. We are looking for automation engineers with different experience ranges: 1-3 years, 3-5 years, 5 years with qualifications described below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support development activities including product support, software testing, documentation, and other related tasks
- Interface and work with design team and vendors to develop and implement Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance testing (FAT & SAT) of SCADA based monitoring systems that are integrated with electrical relays, intelligent electronic devices, and hardwired IO as part of the Integration support for Real-Time Enterprise applications.
- Set up, configure, and troubleshoot communication network for SCADA type applications
- Perform or support FAT, SAT, commissioning at US or overseas clients’ sites.
- Support cutover team to assure that new systems are functioning properly upon final implementation
- Develop and update process procedures to ensure that documentation is accurate and understandable.
- Manage project tasks as planning, scheduling, overseeing, and documenting, as well delivering projects within schedule, budget and quality standards.
- Manage product tasks as designing, overseeing, testing, and documenting per company’s quality standards.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions
- Conform with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Possess knowledge in any combination of electrical power systems, automation engineering, industrial and/or utility electrical control, or protection systems.
- Possess knowledge of communication protocols (DNP, IEC, Modbus, or others)
- Capability to utilize standard engineering and mathematical concepts and principles in the design, coding, and testing of software components
- Must have ability to work with design team and vendors to develop and implement Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance testing of PLC based monitoring systems that are integrated with electrical relays, overloads, and hardwired IO.
- Understanding of substation automation and SCADA \ DCS systems.
- Experience in DCS and SCADA communication networks and protocols, and/or DMS/ADMS.
- Must be able to communicate effectively. Must demonstrate a willingness to take ownership of product design initiatives, be self-motivated with a desire to work in a small, energetic team.
- Strong analytical skills for use in response to technical queries from customers.
- Project management and/or functional management experience is desirable.
- Be flexible to travel within the US and abroad
- Experience on documentation generation and organization based on standards is preferable.
- Experience with Enterprise System is a plus
- The following experience or knowledge is also desirable: Real-Time Control Systems or other EMS systems, C / C++ / C#, Visual Basic, SQL 2000, Data Historian (PI, AspenTech, etc.), Shell Programming, Network Monitoring Tools, TCP/IP, VB. NET.
- Working experience with PLC/RTU or PLC/RTU programming is a plus.
- PLC experience or experience mapping PLCs to SCADA or DCS systems is a plus.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering; M.S. in EE is preferable.