The Senior Application Developer will work in accordance with the company’s application development lifecycle to design and develop both new and enhanced functionality to software applications that meet business specification.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the company’s application portfolio, development tools, and development procedures
- Actively participate in the review of business / system requirements to obtain a thorough understanding of needs in order to deliver accurate solutions
- Architect, design and develop high quality custom software code to support the business requirements
- Brainstorm technical solutions with development team
- Provide development estimates and timelines for schedule planning
- Produce functional documentation based on requirements provided by business end user as required
- Produce technical documentation that accurately and thoroughly depicts the software design and code base that supports QA testing, deployment and production support activities
- Develop and execute unit testing
- Provide technical leadership / guidance to team members as needed
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems using new technology / approaches
- Provide status updates to technical and business management including but not limited to work in all phases (completion, progress, planning) and any issues / exceptions impacting quality and /or target dates
- Perform systems analysis and functional testing as needed
- Expeditiously troubleshoot production issues
- Complete project responsibilities including design, coding, unit testing, and documentation on time at required quality level. Performance will be measured by timely completion, quality, and quantity of work delivered. All schedule dates should be met except for approved date changes by technical and business management.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and system testing as needed for other developers’ efforts. At a minimum, code reviews, unit testing, and system testing should ensure all requirements have been addressed, all basic functionality works, and errors are handled properly.
- Support all current applications, as well as take lead in new application development initiatives to rewrite older applications using newer technologies.
- Minimum of a BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology
- Ability to develop SQL stored procedures / functions using MS SQL Server 2008 and understand the data model with scalability in mind
- Highly autonomous, self-starter with experience in the full SDLC process
- Team player with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Quick-learner, familiar with common design patterns, adept at studying other people's code
- Ability to analyze and resolve technical issues and problems, identifying different design alternatives
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Scrum Methodology for Agile Development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Focus on delivering a high level of customer service
- Experience with Source Control such as TFS and code branching knowledge, GIT, SVN
- Understanding of Lawson/COBOL, RPG (4th gl), MPE 3000 (screen format), and Speedware experience is a plus but required.
- UNIX SysAdmin a plus