The Sr. Software Developer is responsible for creating, building, enhancing, debugging, and maintaining applications for our clients and/or agency use. Our applications leverage marketing cloud technologies (e.g. Salesforce, Oracle - Eloqua, Adobe), in addition to custom application development with C# .NET, ASP.NET Core, scripting languages as needed, LAMP stack or Node.js, ETL & database technologies. Deployments in cloud and on-premise. Functionality includes advanced SAAS configuration, .NET MVC, microservices development, CMS development, RESTful API development and/or integration, business process automation, and data warehouse development.
- Analyze business needs, define project scope and translate requirements into technology solutions.
- Provide development effort estimates and contribute to SCRUM planning.
- Develop solutions with new code and leverage existing client/agency/open source codebase as appropriate.
- Leverage .Net CMS development (e.g. Umbraco) to build custom marketing asset workflow apps.
- Develop integrations with other applications & microservices using REST and/or SOAP interfaces.
- Contribute to on-going development of our customer analytics data warehouses with data sets assembled from data gathered via APIs.
- Research and investigate technology solutions that could help to resolve operational or business challenges and demonstrate their efficiency by putting together proofs of concept and sharing these with the team.
- Work with the creative, strategy, delivery, and client services team to develop cross-disciplinary solutions to support our client’s growth.
- Automate highly manual QA processes, using unit-tests, regression testing, load testing, continuous monitoring.
- Thoroughly research and troubleshoot technical issues. Derive pragmatic, effective solutions, resolve issues and document the resolutions.
- Collaborate with the team using Git and Gitflow branching model, and in some instances continuous integration / continuous deployment.
- 5+ years of experience in a software developer role.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Able to thrive independently given direction and objectives. Strong requirements gathering skills.
- Experience implementing CRM functionality in a marketing cloud platform (e.g., SMC, Eloqua, Adobe).
- Experience developing with C# .NET web development, plus one or more additional framework (e.g., LAMP stack, Node.js). Exposure to open-source .NET applications such as Umbraco a plus.
- Creative problem solving.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Personal drive to meet deadlines and deliverables is a must.
- Experience using a feature tracker like JIRA or Redmine.
- Experience with Git is essential. Working knowledge of Gitflow a plus.
- Experience w/ SCRUM/Agile methodology.
- Experience w/ SQL Server or other relational databases. Advanced SQL skills. Experience w/ NoSQL a plus.
- Experience w/ Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing environment, and good understanding of DevOps practices.
- Knowledge of common application and Web design patterns and extensive use of JSON.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Effective at a whiteboard.
- Genuine interest and/or experience in marketing/advertising.