The Director of Residential Applications will oversee all aspects of software life cycles including installations, maintenance, upgrades, customizations and 3rd party integrations. They will provide product and technical leadership and expertise on the applications within the Residential Systems portfolio. They will partner with business and IT resources to ensure effective installation, operation and support of applications while evaluating and recommending changes to current and future Voyager modules and 3rd party applications to meet organizational needs. Responsible for working directly with vendors and software providers as necessary to resolve software issues and/or end user concerns.
Managing New Technologies:
- Ensures the Yardi portfolio of applications are enhanced and maintained to meet business functional need and vendor product maintenance remains current.
- Engages actively with business leaders to understand and take appropriate action against immediate and emerging business needs
- Works with customers and technical staff to ensure service level agreements are met, problems are resolved in a timely manner, application enhancements are completed and process and technical improvements are identified and implemented to improve overall operational efficiency.
- Determine business functional and reporting requirements with key subject matter experts (SMEs) through a variety of interviewing and facilitation techniques
- Ensure all items are “ticketed” in the helpdesk system, and efficiently allocate all incoming requests to the team, prioritize actions, monitor team resources as well as identify and permanently resolve recurring issues
- Ensure quality and controls are in place, managing escalations, developing solutions and aligning resources
- Helps develop and manage all aspects of service agreements with outsources vendors including staff augmentation, software support, performance and SLO/SLA management and maintenance
- Ensure the availability and accuracy of our applications as well as the peripheral support systems for these applications
- Hires and manages individual contributors; coaches and counsels team members. Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensures alignment with organizational objectives. Appraises and evaluates team and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations. Facilitates or provides mentoring experiences.
- Responsible for unit's workforce and talent management plans, including skills forecasting, staff development, training and succession planning alongside Human Resources and Training.
- Assists in budget development and administration of project budget(s). Provides forecasts and projections used to develop budget. Prepares financial status reports as needed.
- Oversees maintenance of current and accurate documentation in accordance with policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines for enterprise applications in a timely manner.
- Participates in short and long term strategic planning and activities to improve departmental processes. Meets with department leaders regularly to understand complex, dynamic business rules/ processes. Creates detailed, specific and comprehensive documentation to ensure standards and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Provide technical architecture services on complex application implementations
- Researches and reviews new hardware/software/IT systems in the external market place (i.e.: *hot topics*)
- Lead efforts to evaluate, select and implement new technologies to enhance application portfolio.
- Stays informed of new developments and technologies by reading, journals and other pertinent publications, maintaining contact with vendors, and participating in professional organizations, meetings and seminars.
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors progress for the enterprise software systems' projects and modifications. Reviews staff members' work and makes adjustments as needed. Prepares status reports on enterprise application project plans, progress and results of activities.
- Utilize defined requirements gathering and analysis standards to produce business analysis deliverables.
- Produce project deliverables including entity model diagrams, detailed program specifications and project plans.
- Accountable for delivery on large, multi-year projects including designating and managing resources, managing stakeholders, and overall project / individual progress against expectations
- Validate design with users by providing proof of concept of proposed solutions.
- Project manage entire project lifecycle utilizing formal waterfall and/or agile project management frameworks
- Oversees the development, implementation and execution of project plans; ensures scope and schedule are established for projects and assignments.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related degree is required
- 8-10 years of package software implementation experience
- Prior experience working in a real estate or property management environment
- Min 3-5 years of direct experience working with the Yardi Voyager SaaS platform
- Strong organizational and process analysis skills
- Ability to effectively work and interact with customers and team members
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- Project management of small to large initiatives