Senior NOC Engineer
The NOC (Network Operations Center) Engineer is responsible for proactively monitoring and troubleshooting events and incidents on the infrastructure. Sr. NOC Engineer performs technical analysis of infrastructure events reactively and proactively across the enterprise systems. This is considered a high-level technical role requiring broad IT knowledge with SME level understanding in a field or two.
- Monitor a wide variety of infrastructure services that include, but are not limited to telecommunications circuits, LAN/MAN/WAN/Wifi networks, routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VoIP systems, servers, storage, backup, OS, and core applications.
- Provide guidance to executive leadership and internal key stakeholders, and direction to other engineers.
- Provide superior support and guidance in automation, preventative action, proactive monitoring, proactive maintenance, and predictable analysis.
- Provide last tier support for all infrastructure IT issues, then escalate to project engineers as necessary.
- Design solutions to reoccurring, repetitive incidents as a preventative strategy including automations.
- Mentor and advise junior team members with enterprise infrastructure operations and modernization
- Maintain critical documentation assets, such as customer contact lists, escalation procedures, scheduled job inventories, and operational “run-books.”
- Create policy for standardization and lead modernization discussion
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles.
- Participate in project meeting with project engineering team.
- Act as “problem owner,” escalating to other support groups and following the status of the incident until it has been confirmed to be resolved.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems discipline or a comparable level of experience preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience in a similar position strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with monitoring for mission critical systems and 24/7 environments.
- Expert level knowledge of monitoring technologies relating to NOC Infrastructure (SolarWinds/Orion and ABSMessaging preferred)
- SME level understanding in one or more of the following fields: Network Engineering (LAN/MAN/WAN/WiFi networking, routers, switches, VoIP/FoIP), Network Security (firewalls, load balancers), Systems Engineer (converged/hyperconverged infrastructure systems, storage, Win/Linux, virtualization), and restricted Automation/Scripting (powershell, powercli, nois, ios, sql)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal attributes.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, mission critical environment
- ITIL V3 Awareness training preferred.
- Industry certification preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skill.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses.