Sr. Systems Engineer
List duties in order of time spent or importance. Essential duties and tasks that must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Accelerate time to resolution where escalation has been initiated for support, incidents, and problems
- Design preventative maintenance strategies for infrastructure systems, including automating repetitive processes.
- Anticipate and mitigate potential attacks, to support enterprise security posture.
- Design, influence, and provide guidance to executive leadership for future initiative and infrastructure decisions.
- Mentor, and advise junior team members with product, and enterprise systems installations, and modernization.
- Provide direction with budgetary decisions for peer team members, as well as senior IT leadership.
- Create policy for system hardening, standardization, and controls throughout the enterprise.
- Research and identify solutions that enhance and progress technology for the organization.
- Education, experience, skills required, equipment used.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 5-7 years or more of relevant experience in the datacenter or infrastructure engineering field.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science discipline, or a comparable level of experience preferred.
- Must possess accelerated technical knowledge with supporting and deploying converged systems, including software defined stacks for datacenter infrastructure.
- Must possess accelerated technical knowledge in modern operating systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Server, and Linux/Unix.
- Industry certifications for network, server, or storage infrastructure systems preferred.
- Industry virtualization certifications preferred.
- Experience with identity management, including cloud platforms preferred.
- Experience in scripting and automation preferred.
- Must exhibit approachable personality, and optimism for progression of processes, and technology.
- ITIL Awareness training preferred.
- Must be able to obtain necessary multi-jurisdictional regulatory licensing required for IT staff.