Senior iSeries Engineer
Ability to provide technical infrastructure support including AS/400 system software including but not limited to: operating systems, CL, DDS, AS/400 system utilities, programming languages, database (AS/400 DB2), performance tools, Query, WebSphere, iSeries access (Client Access), SNADS, etc. support and maintenance through the application and testing of IBM-released technical updates and temporary software fixes.
- Installation and testing of new versions of AS/400 system software releases
- Trouble shooting AS/400 hardware problems as required.
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and support of AS/400 system security.
- Maintain and provide technical and operations support of third party systems software.
- Provide AS/400 operations support as required
- Assists with ongoing implementation support efforts to establish and maintain an in-house servicing function.
- Participates as member of implementation Project Team.
- Assists in the development of units’ operational procedures as required.
- Ensures that procedures comply with applicable company standards and procedures.
- Education, experience, skills required, equipment used.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in a computer science discipline or a comparable level of experience preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in iSeries administration
- ITIL V3 Awareness training preferred.
- Must have good communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to explain technology-related issues to a non-technical audience.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed and provide scheduled on-call support after regular business hours.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses.