Our Data Engineer is accountable for data integration design and development and support of enterprise data management and business process requirements. Understands the methodologies, technologies and industry best practices associated with process analysis, ETL/ELT development and Change Data Capture. Responsible for the transformation of business requirements into data integrations that support trusted access to enterprise data for system interfaces and enterprise reporting.
· Responsible for building scalable, repeatable data flows.
· Support proof-of-concept initiatives for data analytics, create temporary sandboxes, etc.
· Create and maintain standards for data transfer mechanisms, file transfers vs. ETL jobs, etc.
· Translate business requirements into integration requirements.
· Ensure compliance with enterprise standards and policies.
· Evaluate new tools and techniques for continual improvement of enterprise data integration.
· Evaluate integration designs to ensure effective and efficient performance.
· Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of data integration best practices.
· Takes an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed.
· Other duties as assigned or as situation dictates.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
· 4 to 6 years of IT work experience in ETL/ELT development, Change Data Capture, data analysis, database design and relevant computing environments.
· Experience working with cloud-based solutions.
· Excellent knowledge of ETL/ELT and Change Data Capture concepts and tools across multiple platforms.IBM DataStage and Oracle GoldenGate skillsets preferred.
· Experience with multiple database OS systems, including Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2012-16 and DB2 (iSeries a plus) running on both Windows and Unix-variant operating systems.
· Experience with Oracle PL/SQL programming, debugging techniques, performance tuning and optimization.
· Solid understanding of data warehouse concepts, including Entity Relationship modeling, dimensional modeling, use of surrogate keys and various indexing paradigms
· Working knowledge of Oracle data loading features including SQL Loader, external tables, and dump file import/export.
· Knowledge of java-based micro services and XML pub/sub data interfaces are a plus
· Working knowledge of basic IT Security concepts, ITIL concepts, SDLC, Agile methodologies, waterfall, etc.
· Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows and Unix.
· Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.