The role of the Systems Analyst is to plan, design, develop, launch and support efficient information systems and operations systems in support of core organizational functions. Although the Systems Analyst may not be responsible for writing new application software, the administrator demonstrates understanding of how software behaves in order to deploy, configure and troubleshoot systems. Additionally, the Systems Analyst researches new technologies and leverages optimization techniques to ensure that systems operate efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the operations of all virtual, web, and client applications to ensure availability
- Troubleshoot and resolve any IT service issues related to applications
- Train the technical support staff on solving common systems-related problems
- Leverage optimization techniques to maximize the efficiency of all computer systems
- Work with third-party vendors and consultants on developing system-specific skills
- Supports other team members and foster a cooperative and supportive environment within the team.
- Provides day to day production support to the user community on a variety of applications.
- Conducts research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Ensures compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Leads in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Researches and documents requirements of program users.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Strong logical and analytical thinker
- Attention to detail
- Able to find root causes of problems and quickly determine efficient solutions
- Can anticipate risks and mitigate in the moment
- Comfortable under high-stress and exhibits poise and focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proficiency with relevant business systems, operating systems, and servers
- Possesses knowledge of networking concepts (e.g. Systems, Protocols, Directory Services)
- Skilled in light programming, project management of small initiatives, and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge in SQL, PL/SQL, Linux and Java preferred
- Working knowledge in Automation tools such as Puppet, Anisible or HP Operations Orchestration a plus.