The Human Resources Generalist position will support HR related duties for the Corporate office. This position provides strategic and tactical talent acquisition, employee relations consultation, and resolution to managers and employees, including coaching, counseling, performance management, employee development, retention and adherence to company policies and procedures directly related to management or general business operations. This position will also manage HR duties relating to compensation analysis, company events, outreach programs, training, recognition programs, and employee related suggestions for all locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Contributes to the organization’s overall Human Capital strategy.
- Provides recruiting and talent acquisition services including candidate sourcing strategies, interview coordination, candidate experience, offers and onboarding.
- Conducts investigations on employee related issues, including complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment and other work-related issues; recommend appropriate resolution of complaints, monitor results, write summary reports and make discipline recommendations in consultation with the Senior Human Resources Manager or Director of Human Resources.
- Maintains confidentiality with sensitive information, documents, e-mails and in handling employee relations issues, inquiries and complaints.
- Assists and supports management with coaching of employees in employee meetings as needed.
- Guides managers in identifying, documenting and communicating results regarding deficiencies in performance. Makes recommendations to managers to improve work relationships, enhance employee engagement, and increase productivity and retention.
- Assists in the termination process in the communication with management and the employee, preparing HR documents and providing the necessary paperwork.
- Conducts and documents employee exit interviews and provides feedback to the management team.
- Conducts market and equity analysis, monitor market trends and data, develop compensation strategies, communicate and provide recommendations to the management team, as well as support various strategic compensation management projects.
- Participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze salary data, including annual performance reviews, bonuses, and annual merit increases. Prepares reports
- Responsible for coordinating company events, monitors event timelines, including planning menus, select catering companies, booking entertainment, putting up decorations, and ensuring the event runs smoothly
- Implements and oversees company recognition programs, outreach events and scheduling of events to coordinate with management. Ensures deadlines are met, participates in all efforts to publicize events, coordinates team planning meetings
- Assists with implementation of company employee surveys, collecting data, responses.
- Provides assistance with benefits and benefit billings.
- Assists with methods of company communication through monthly newsletters, calendars, bulletin boards and flyers.
- Responsible for project management as well as establishing and meeting timelines. Needs to have attention to detail and be able to follow-through. Must be able to multi-task.
- Analyzes, develops and reviews policies and regulations for department needs.
- Responds to employee inquiries and complaints on employee relations issues and other HR related duties as needed.
- Provides advice, assistance, development and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation; coordinates the translation and resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines and knowledge of Federal and State employment and benefit laws.
- Ability to research and interpret employment laws and regulatory changes, keeping up to date to assist with implementing revisions
- Maintain confidentiality representing the HR department.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Job requires organizational and time management skills.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Job requires being sensitive to other’s needs/feelings and taking an objective position when gathering facts when dealing with sensitive situations.
- Ability to work with little supervision, independently and searches out answers as needed to resolve issues/problems.
Generally requires five (5) years or more experience in Human Resources with an emphasis in Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, and Compensation. HR Generalist experience in other HR areas preferred.
Experience working in HR for corporate office or 120+ person organization preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required.