|Reports to: Engineering Manager|
- Design, Development, and Qualification of components for aerospace products including high temperature pneumatic shutoff valves, regulating valves, and check valves.
- Coordinate all project stages from proposal though production including:
- Create and manage Project schedules. Be accountable for execution of the schedules and communication of changes to the schedules.
- Design to meet the customer requirements, monitoring changes in requirements/scope throughout the project.
- Create the required engineering drawings and specifications.
- Communicate the project status regularly to the customer in writing, teleconferences, and in face to face meetings.
- Create required qualification test programs including scheduling, testing, documentation, analysis, and test reports.
- Production support of products including developing production test requirements and test equipment.
- Design to meet cost targets, clearly communicating cost impacts/changes to team members.
- Coordinate with manufacturing engineering to develop, document, and train personnel on processes to assure ease of fabrication, assembly and test.
- Support of legacy product manufacturing and quality issues.
- Some travel may be required, but should be less than 10%.
- Experience with aerospace engine components design and qualification.
- Project Management skills with direct customer facing experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines. Must be a good communicator, both internally within the organization as well as with customers.
- General PC proficiency and strong skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willing to work in a small company environment with a high degree of responsibility and autonomy.
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- 2 years’ experience in aerospace engine components design and qualification.
- Unafraid to get hands dirty. This person will be building and testing prototypes and qualification parts.
- High energy performer, willing to work in a fast-paced environment and wear multiple hats.
- Need to be able to handle demanding customers professionally.
- High degree of accountability to team members and customers.
- Experience in preparing and presenting technical materials during Aerospace and Defense PDR/CDR as well as on Sales Calls.
- Autodesk Inventor 3D (or equivalent) experience
- Experience with RTCA/DO-160 and MIL STD 810 requirements.
- Mechanical engineering skills including 3D Modeling, Tolerance stackup, GD&T, DFMEA, FTA, Verification Matrices, compliance matrices, specification reviews, QTP, QTR, ATP, QSR, QAR, new business technical proposals, Lessons Learned application, risk analyses, weight analyses, project schedules.