- This position has responsibility for coordinating the operational schedule and capacity planning in conjunction with customer requirements. The expeditor will perform a variety of activities in support of successfully arranging for delivery, assembly and distribution of parts in order to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules. This requires strong interface with Planners/Schedulers, Buyers, Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing personnel.
- Track part numbers – working with Customer Service. Schedule Repair Station – working with Repair Station Manager.
- Assists in converting customer requirements into an operational schedule by analyzing production specifications and capacity data.
- Gathers, collects, records, tracks and verifies data and information from multiple sources.
- Uses software for functional area, to compile, review and analyze data to generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations.
- Translates orders into a sequential work schedule for operational efficiency.
- May design processes to enhance work flow.
- Analyzes production capacity levels, and advises management of recommendations.
- Assists in production meetings; set priorities and schedules for department.
- Analyzes / documents material control.
- Communicates with Quality regarding deviated parts, as necessary.
- Professionally represent the company with customers and vendors.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree preferred.
- 3+ years related production planning experience is required.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- MRP/ERP systems strongly preferred.
- Export Control knowledge and experience preferred.
- Experience with an ERP system preferred.
- Experience in the aerospace industry preferred.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/issues and stay focused.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact comfortably at all levels in the organization, internally and externally.