We are looking for an exceptionally talented individual to serve as an Sr. Desktop Support Specialist / Systems Engineer in our Irvine, CA office. The ideal candidate is very hands on, very technical, can work on infrastructure engineering projects, and can roll up their sleeves to support end users when required. They are a jack of all trades and have previously worn many hats. Other responsibilities include receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of windows Server operating systems
- Knowledge of cloud architecture
- Understanding of how to design scalable architecture
- Understanding of information security principles
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10 and Server 2012+
- Applications: Office 365 expertise, Active Directory, ability to learn new applications quickly
- Basic networking skills including TCP/IP and the ability to configure network printers.
- Web conference software expertise: Skype, Zoom
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience providing white-glove support
- 40-hour on-site work week.
- Available nights and weekends for oncall rotations.
- Travel 10% to other offices when required