SQL Database Administrator
The database administrator (DBA) is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of all database operations. They will also be involved in the development and deployment of new databases, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. This position is also responsible for custom SQL reporting infrastructure and may be tasked with report development occasionally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- As new systems are brought in-house, choose whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, or other technologies
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- Serve as the company’s SSRS administrator. Gather functional specifications and generate custom reports using the SSRS platform when requested.
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Document the company’s database environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 6-10 years of SQL database administration experience with increasing levels of responsibility and accountability.
- Experience in a 24/7 environment and the willingness to be the primary individual responsible for efficient database operations.
- Experience with SSRS implementation, maintenance, and optimization. Basic SSRS report writing experience and the desire to expand this knowledge is required.
- Casino management system experience desired, but not required.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills.