- Understand the long term business plans and design a future state enterprise architectural roadmap.
- Develop and maintain an enterprise-wide architecture that best enables the business goals.
- Help guide and support the long term technical direction of the organization.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Directly engage and collaborate with teams such as: Applications Development and DevOps to identify new technologies, architectures, solutions and processes to meet future business needs.
- Provide technical oversight throughout the entire development, testing, deployment and monitoring process to ensure solutions align with long-term architectural direction.
- When appropriate, serve as a technical and solution-oriented leader in discussions with the business owners and executive sponsors.
- Balance business requirements with technical feasibility and set expectations on new projects.
- Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Work with other technical team members to establish, maintain, build and release process.
- Take the lead to incorporate industry best practices into our products.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment, including significant experience in consumer finance or fintech.
- Ruby, Swift, Kotlin, PHP, Java, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform/Terragrunt
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum, or Kanban methodology and process
- Experience in designing robust, scalable, resilient, cloud-based solutions
- Expertise in design, develop and monitor platform-as-a-service providers such as Amazon Web Services or other platforms.
- Experience in moving application architectures from startup to mature.
- Bias towards action over discussion.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Experience in both process and solution analysis & design.
- Able to articulate and communicate in both written and oral forms to various types of audiences (developers to managers to business owners).
- Mature and able to work independently in a dynamic project environment with aggressive deadlines.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams.