The Associate General Counsel provides legal support to operations, human resources, and insurance, tax and accounting departments and assists with acquisitions, dispositions and financing of hotels including purchase and sale agreements, due diligence, loan documents and checklists.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 4 or more years of hospitality law experience with either a law firm or hospitality company,
- Have a Law Transcript, Law Degree and License to practice law
- Negotiate service contracts, leases and other hotel specific agreements;
- Organize and maintain corporate records and material agreements;
- Assist with acquisitions, dispositions and financing of hotels including purchase and sale agreements, due diligence, loan documents and checklists;
- Draft and review management agreements, joint venture agreements and subordination, non-disturbance agreements;
- Work with transaction team in connection with the acquisition of hotel companies including due diligence, purchase agreements, employment agreements, non-compete agreements and related documents;
- Provide legal support to operations, human resources and insurance, tax and accounting departments;
- Coordinate and assist with liquor license applications, liquor license related agreements and filings.
- Be a team player, good business and ethical judgment, ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle unanticipated situations, ability and eagerness to learn new skills, attention to detail and strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Be a self-starter with a sense of urgency, work proactively and proficiency in drafting and negotiating agreements;
- Have the ability to build relationships across the organization while working on cross functional teams;
- Have sound critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Be able to solve problems, deliver results and serve as a pro-active business partner to internal clients;
- Be detail oriented but with ability to understand and communicate the big picture;
- Have the ability to concisely translate complicated issues into actionable recommendations and solutions;
- Desire to have a high level of accountability;
- Have proven examples of influencing others to reach desired organizational and departmental outcomes
- Maintain confidentiality
- Perform other duties as requested by management.