The Digital Platform Group based in Culver City is looking for an extremely talented Senior Product Manager who is all about making the TV experience the best it can be. This is your opportunity to get involved in developing and shaping an exciting range of existing and new streaming video products!
As a Product Manager you will be passionate about what you do and be motivated by the opportunity to have a direct impact on our products and a front row seat to the digital revolution affecting media today. You are data driven with a deep understanding of consumer behavior and evolving trends in the rapidly changing video streaming market. You will leverage this knowledge to easily operate across multiple brands, languages, genres and regions. You are the safe-keeper of our vision, can bring clarity to chaos, juggle multiple demands on your time, and align conflicting priorities into a single successful roadmap. A decision maker who can see the long term strategy while understanding the need for sometimes making tactical compromises, and last but not least you are always the user’s champion.
The qualified candidate will have the ability to be nimble and recognize when to pivot strategy in an always-evolving digital landscape, while taking advantage of industry trends both locally and globally. The ideal candidate will ask questions like, what is the future of TV locally and abroad? What are our truths related to the user experience? What is the strategic importance of a given platform, how does that importance translate into requirement prioritization and how can we integrate new platform specific capabilities into our apps in a meaningful way? Additionally, the qualified candidate will possess an in-depth understanding of Agile software development methodologies, consensus building, stakeholder management and product management best practices in order to effectively manage multiple concurrent and dynamically changing efforts is essential as well.
In other words, you should be a motivated leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, thinking big and executing quickly. If this sounds like you — please apply and join our team!
- Keep on top of industry trends and technologies, and be prepared to apply them quickly
- Conduct tests and experiments to validate or invalidate your assumptions and hypothesis
- Expert level knowledge of the platforms, technologies and roadmap you are responsible for, specializing in new and upcoming feature sets
- Author detailed product briefs explaining the why and the what for a given initiative
- Relationship management with stakeholder including driving consensus and prioritization
- Drive design and requirement prioritization of the customer experience on smart TVs, set top boxes, and game consoles
- Engage regularly with tech leads and program managers to define scope and manage feature sets, sprints, and releases.
- Proven leader who can execute high quality user experiences and deliver products quickly in a cross-functional environment.
- Create flow charts and user stories while working with solution design and UI/UX teams to ensure product optimization
- Work with project management/release team to ensure final products are built to the product specification and UI/UX specifications
- Other responsibilities as required
- Ensure that all new features, enhancements, applications are viable across all territories/implementations
- Be accountable for your successes and failures
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the digital media, advertising or entertainment fields.
- 3-5 years of experience in managing subscription, heavy user acquisition or high-quality streaming services (live or VOD).
- Background in at least one of the following types of products: connected TVs, mobile devices, game consoles
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of concurrent projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Must demonstrate solid organization/communication skills.
- Data driven with exceptional attention to detail and familiarity with analytics tools (e.g. Adobe analytics and the like)
- Ability to secure cooperation and drive consensus across senior management and other departments as well as partners internally and externally
- Should be a movie, television, music and technology junkie
- The candidate must have a BS, BA, or advanced degree in computer science, communications or related field, or relevant work experience
- Global experience not required but a strong plus