Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads moderate to complex initiatives from ideation to delivery in an Agile manner with an emphasis on measureable, value added deliverables
- Establishes and effectively maintains relationships with business people at all levels in assigned functional areas
- Develops comprehensive understanding of core business processes and decisions and looks for opportunities to use analytics to make improvements in decision making that creates value
- Leads the design of end-to-end analytics solutions: identify relevant data, assure data is accessible and of sufficient quality, develop innovative means of viewing and analyzing data
- Keep abreast of industry and technology developments, identifying opportunities for experimentation with new tools, data and techniques that meet the needs of the business
- Provides clear, concise communication of project plans and progress to all relevant stakeholders
- Educates and advises the user community, regardless of level throughout the organization, on how to use BI tools.
- Collaborates with other members of the data and analytics team to expand the department’s reach and facilitate the accomplishment of its strategic goals
- Works closely with data governance, IT and business units to ensure uniformity, accessibility, and usability of data.
- Works on special projects for the department as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Finance or a business-related field and 7 years operational, financial or planning experience
- Advanced analytical thinking skills; comfortable drawing conclusions and making decisions with incomplete or ambiguous information
- Above average proficiency with: business analytics tools such as Cognos, Tableau and others; composing data queries and evaluating data quality
- Significant proficiency with statistical analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Customer service oriented; good collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
Preferred, but not required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Superior time management skills, able to multi-task and focus on multiple priorities
- Ability to learn on the fly and grasp new concepts quickly
An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be substituted for the requirements listed above.
- Insurance industry experience
- Proficiency in SAS, R, or similar tools/languages
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment; this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some mobility is required
- May work early, late, or occasional weekend hours to accommodate business needs
- Occasional lifting of a maximum of 30lbs.
- Minimal travel to other office locations/meeting locations occasionally necessary
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions