Sr. Full Stack Engineer
The Sr. Full Stack Engineer will be responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. You will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will lead design discussions in a limited manner.
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
- Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
- Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
- Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
- Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
- Seek and provide feedback on design and development
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
- Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
- Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
- Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
- Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
- Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience or 8 years with Master’s or 5 years with PhD.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and coding principles
- Hands-on experience with front-end development using HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS.
- Expert with Play framework, Angular or React and NodeJS, Testing framework
- Experience with GraphQL is required
- Experience in the latest front-end user experience design and development.
- Experience in Mobile development and micro services development is big plus
- Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work
- Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Pleasanton, CA