As a member of the Data Engineering team, the Database Administrator will provide support, maintenance, administration and technical leadership for the database environment. This includes overseeing development, organization and performance evaluation of databases on an enterprise basis over all platforms; assessing and implementing new database technologies; providing long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to business opportunites facing the enterprise; coordinate and manage database activities performed by a third party managed service provider.
- Research, design and implement new database systems based upon customer requirements.
- Evaluate new database software features and related products, identifying improvement areas to create a more effective and efficient database system.
- Define logical attributes and design complex data structures to accommodate database production, storage, maintenance and accessibility, and to enhance performance.
- Coordinate with peers to determine impact of database changes on other IT and business systems.
- Perform general technical trouble shooting to resolve database performance and/or capacity issues.
- Monitor database performance optimizing the platform through application tuning.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards related to database design and operations.
- Evaluate suggested new hardware and software configurations ensuring databases and applications utilizing databases follow best practices.
- Coordinate database activities performed by a third party managed service provider.
- Participate in cloud migration efforts related to database systems.
- Strong Oracle 11g and 12c knowledge and experience.
- Strong Postgres knowledge and experience.
- Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012, and 2014 knowledge and experience.
- Mondo knowledge and experience a plus.
- Cloud knowledge and experience a plus.
- Experience administering databases in the cloud.
- Experience with software installations and upgrades.
- Knowledge of database performance tuning, application database administration.
- Knowledge of database installation, operations, maintenance and upgrading procedures.
- Knowledge of database vulnerabilities mitigation best practices.
- Knowledge of system, hardware, and software analysis policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the Company and with various business contacts outside of the company in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to manage third party vendors activities.
- Understanding of underlying operating systems.
- Skill in analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field is required.