Under supervision, this position is responsible for managing implementation of inter-related activities or complex projects and programs with broad scope, high risk, high impact, high dispersion and/or long implementation time frames. Project assignments are cross functional, of significant magnitude and importance to the execution of corporate business strategies and achievement of company objectives. The IT Project Manager serves as the conduit between the business functions and development team through which requirements flow and has overall responsibility for managing change initiatives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Directs and manages projects from initiation to close through project lifecycle. Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget and scope.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Estimate the internal and external resources needed to achieve project goals.
- Facilitate requirements gathering with the customer and internal subject matter experts to meet both business and technical requirements to plan.
- Facilitate meetings as necessary at all levels within the organization to ensure the successful implementation and completion of the project.
- Structure projects and manage Agile software delivery methods.
- Lead and direct work of others who may or may not directly report to you but whose input and cooperation is needed on the project.
- Facilitate completion of all required project documentation per project methodology. Maintain project documentation library. Ensure all project documentation has been captured for project review, audits, and archive.
- Proactively manage risk and issues, prepare mitigation and contingency plans. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and proactively manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Track and communicate project status, metrics, and budget to all levels of management and stakeholders.
- Maintains systems to track all department project information.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Prepare Project Close Benefits Validation for Executive presentation. Evaluates project results achieved vs. results expected.
- Assist Governance and Auditors during project audits in answering project related questions.
- Manage multiple integrated/interdependent project plans at once.
- May coordinate project efforts with outside vendors and business partners.
- Ensures Corporate compliance with the appropriate statutes and regulations by jurisdiction, and company polices and procedures.
- Provides subject matter expertise in areas (including, but not limited to): project management, project scope definition, risk identification/mitigation, use of project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, project intervention, knowledge transfer and other areas of expertise based on professional knowledge and background.
- Other duties as assigned or as situation dictates.
Preferred, But Not Required:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in project management. Demonstrated successful project and program management; experience and knowledge.
- College diploma or university degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Software Engineering. Significant work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience in structuring and managing Agile software delivery methods.
- Thorough knowledge of project management principles, theories and concepts.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proven ability to identify problems and risks and to recommend appropriate solutions.
- Proven leader able to establish and maintain technology projects through full system development life cycle or project life cycle.
- Strong group facilitation skills and presentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills should be complimented with a solid business and technical background, and a keen interest in business operations and change impact.
- Excellent listening, oral communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with software vendor/contracts management. Facilitate and contribute to contract language to ensure company’s best interest. Manage contract deliverables in compliance of contract. Validate billing and facilitate billing issues, if necessary..
- Ability to foster and maintain positive customer relationships at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks and projects in a high-pressure environment. Ability to handle multiple conflicting priorities, balanced with strong attention to details.
- Experience with company defined SOX and/or Project controls; adhere to and provide evidence for controls.
- Proficiency in the following software programs: MS/Word, Excel, Jira, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and Outlook.
Proficiency in SharePoint administration of sites.
Project Management Professional certification or equivalent certification.
Insurance experience, preferably Worker’s Compensation.
SCRUM master or related certifications.