Successful cost-effective Workers’ Compensation Insurance leader currently transforming to a high driven technical data provider located in Reno, NV is looking to hire a Vice President of Application Development. Our client has capitalized and acquired a strong book of business and converted from a subsidiary to a publicly traded stock company, offering one of the most lucrative relocation packages and salary structures on the market. The ideal candidate will provide leadership and expertise in software technical design and support for a variety of Enterprise Applications Solutions. Technically speaking our client is Java driven, OpenStack, Opensource and cloud native environment. They are looking for someone with leadership experience building development teams and executing a technology and support roadmap for driving innovative solutions.
- Provide inspired leadership to the various team members through mentoring, career development, interpersonal skills, teamwork ethic, and enabling leadership skills.
- Lead efforts to ensure the workplace environment supports a highly motivated and effective workforce focused on continuous improvement and best practices.
- Conceptualize, define and oversee the development, configuration and implementation of new technologies and platforms supporting the transformation of the business.
- Lead the overall systems development life cycle from business/ technical requirements including architecture through design, code delivery, testing and deployment.
- Own Executive level communication and interaction including consulting, understanding and translating business needs into achievable, sustainable and innovative technical solutions and capability roadmaps.
- Continually assess and evaluate the impact of emerging technologies against the strategic business needs of the organization.
- Direct and manage external vendors and consulting teams effectively to ensure accountability and successful delivery for complex large scale projects.
- Manage, coordinate, and oversee program development and the execution of all enterprise applications development activities, including project definition, application design and analysis, programming, testing, implementation, and documentation.
- Lead a team of professionals responsible for system enhancements, upgrades, updates, patches, and fixes to assure optimal system performance, data integrity, and reliability.
- Serve as the key technical interface between IT and all business functions dependent on Enterprise Applications to determine current and future technology needs.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture to implement and maintain enterprise application roadmaps, including capacity planning and modeling to support short and longer term growth requirements
- Lead vendor management activities, including vendor selection, contract negotiation and ongoing vendor relationships
- BA in Computer Science, Business, or a related field
- 8+ years of senior and executive leadership experience
- 15+ years of IT experience including a thorough understanding of business processes and required technology capabilities in a multi-location environment.
- Proven expertise in software technical design, planning, project management, implementation and support for a variety of Enterprise Applications Solutions (ERP, Financial SEC reporting, SOX Compliance, etc.),
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining, developing and transforming internal and external customer relationships at the Executive level.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a delivery organization including solution design, development and configuration as well as drive quality and improvement
- Knowledge and practical experience across a formal systems development life cycle.
- Experience in successfully leading and developing a disbursed team of IT professionals.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to align key stakeholders toward a common goal and drive results and facilitate change.
- Experience in deployment, integration, and on-going management of Enterprise Applications.
- Experience negotiating with vendors and the ability to manage external relationships with contracting firms and application developers.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems
- Experience leading multiple technical initiatives using strong program and project management tools and practices.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Detail oriented, decisive and goal oriented to consistently exceed objectives
- Travel to other offices/locations – approximately 30%