Crescent Solutions is committed to helping you, as an esteemed IT Professional, find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or direct hire opportunities in your area of expertise. During the initial discussion, we hope to learn more specifics about your background and skill set to determine what job opportunities will be most interesting to you. Our keep-it-simple approach is only part of what sets us apart from other firms in the challenging job market today. We partner with the most innovative and well-known organizations in the industry providing you exceptional career opportunities. We are currently seeking IT professionals who are searching for technology jobs for the following opportunity:
Sr. Infrastructure & Operations Engineer
As part of the IT engineering team, the Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting the systems infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas in and around the Windows, Linux infrastructure. Specific emphasis is being place on candidates with deep background in VMWare ESX, Exchange, Citrix, and Windows Server OS’s utilizing blade server infrastructures in an enterprise environment.
- Act as an escalation point for Windows, Exchange, Citrix, Active Directory, Filesystems, VMWare, Linux technologies in the production environment.
- Identify technology gaps, recommend support changes to increase the Windows, VMWare, and Citrix environment's uptime.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies in order to provide better and more cost effective solutions.
- Develop routine maintenance and patching schedules in order to keep the environment at highest uptime.
- Provide Engineering and ServiceDesk staff with technical support and roadmaps of identified solutions.
- Work with ServiceDesk and Engineering to verify system functionality and certification.
- Provision, build and maintain the infrastructure services, and supporting systems for the server environment (Citrix, Exchange, Windows Server, VMWare, Active Directory and filesystems).
- Administering Citrix farm and Servers Reports / Maintenance
- Configure and support NetScaler and Access Gateway solutions to support scalable delivery of applications and desktops to various endpoints
- 10+ years as an Enterprise Systems Engineer.
- General requirements
- Technical Proficiencies:
- MCSE / MCITP Certified
- Strong knowledge in operating system Windows 2008/2012, and Active Directory, and group policies
- Designed, Deployed, Configured and hardened of Windows 2008 /2012 Servers
- Experience with Exchange Administration and design in a multisite environment
- Enterprise Experience in Datacenter Environments
- Enterprise Experience in Windows File Servers & DFS
- Enterprise Experience in DNS / DHCP Services
- Excellent Experience in Windows PowerShell
- Enterprise Experience in Patching Windows and Exchange
- Excellent Understanding and hands-on experience of VMWare virtualization technology
- Superior customer service skills
- Citrix systems design and implementation experience including: XenDesktop (v.6.X or greater), XenApp
- (v.6.X or greater)
- Hands-on experience of XenApp configuration, XenDesktop, Provisioning Server, and
- hypervisor management experience (vSphere/vCenter)
- Excellent Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementation skills
BS Degree Preferred
For immediate consideration, please contact us at email@example.com
We look forward to establishing a lasting relationship with all of our candidates as well as helping you to expand your network and realize your professional goals.