Quality Assurance Lead - DevOps
The Quality Assurance Lead supports agile teams in analyzing, designing, building and testing high quality company applications that meet and exceed our business expectations. The QA Lead will review functional requirements and user stories from Product Owners; design test plans, write test cases, oversee test strategies and perform testing for assigned applications. Recommend, design and implement automated platforms to facilitate QA activities .The QA Lead will submit and verify defects, maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of applications, analyze test results to certify existing functionality and integrations and recommends corrective action upon failures. Testing will include functional and nonfunctional, integration, regression, system, smoke and sanity testing.
- Minimum 5+ years of enterprise software/application testing experience
- Experience in Acceptance Testing and how it applies to Agile Testing
- Managing QA teams
- Experience with and/or working knowledge of networking technologies and protocols such as: Cloud storage environments, IP Networks, routing, switching, WLAN, VLAN technologies, Network-based authentication, NAC, LDAP and Active Directory, Network management systems such as DHCP, SNMP, DNS, Security Event and Information Management (SEIM), Log Aggregation, Intrusion detection and prevention (IDS/IPS), etc.
- Familiarity with development practices like Unit Testing, Test-Driven
- Familiarity with one or more scripting/programming languages and/or tools such as: Clojure, React Native C++, C, MySQL, Perl, JAVA, Python and mobile application platforms.
- Familiarity with Bit Bucket, Jenkins, Salt Stack, Spark, Hip Chat, JIRA and other continuous integration tools
- Design functional and non-functional test cases that verify requirements and validate functionality
- Analyze user stories and technical requirements for validity, feasibility and technical soundness and decompose them to extract positive and negative test scenarios and strong acceptance criteria
- Detect, report, and track software defects
- Execute all levels of testing including but not limited to: System, Integration; Component Level Regression
- Use methodical and repeatable processes to verify releases meet quality standards before launch
- Apply Quality Engineering principles throughout the agile product life cycle to identify defect and design flaws
- Profile manual acceptance criteria and test cases and evaluate automation opportunities
- Experienced in test result evaluation, reporting and metrics
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum, Kanban, or Lean software development practices is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science required
- Approximately 50% -80% travel required Domestic and International