Sr. Systems Engineer-Enterprise IT
- Works on projects or new initiatives to propose and design, configure, implement and test enterprise IT system solutions to address complex technical and business requirements
- Serves as the highest level of escalation for complex technology infrastructure and systems problems.
- Works on routine designs for single systems; troubleshoots components of systems relying on proven techniques for IT systems analysis and evaluation.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining hardware, storage and operating system server environments, including Unix, Microsoft Operating Systems and databases, in support of business processing requirements.
- Performs application software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered business software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels ensuring workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations; supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures; conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Responsible for security compliance against established set of Cyber, SOX and PCI requirements.
- Prepares technical documentation including designs/configurations/maintenance, test plans, procedures, escalation and process documentation.
- Assists with new policies and procedures or revisions to existing policies and procedures specific to their function and role.
- Implements technical and process improvements based on best practices.
- Designs for routine solutions at the component level.
- Serves as a key contributor or project manager on highly specialized and focused design or problem resolution teams.
- Collaborates in a professional manner with other senior IT Engineers and cross-functional team members to deliver positive results.
- Provides guidance and technical expertise to Specialists, IT Techs and Support Desk Analysts, and trains these staff on execution of standard procedures relevant to their position
- Solicits and acts on feedback in a professional manner.
- Aligns their work with the team’s priorities and goals.
- Contributes to a positive work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or 10 years’ experience in a related field required.
- 8-10 years of experience in a large data center environment in all aspects of design, engineering, analysis, testing and ongoing support for their technical area.
- Working knowledge of current trends and techniques in IT infrastructure design and support including; relevant platforms and the IT systems they are part of, installation and configuration techniques, standard protocols, design implications, troubleshooting techniques and diagnostic tools and performance optimization techniques.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Deep understanding of the operational dependencies of applications, networks, systems, security, and policy.
- In depth experience with EMC Storage Systems, VMware environments, Cisco Server Infrastructure and MS SQL Database support.
- Quickly gains basic understanding or working knowledge in technical areas unfamiliar with as needed; demonstrating initiative and appropriate judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Communicates clearly, succinctly and persuasively to help other understand their position and perspective. Asks appropriate questions ensuring complete requirements are gathered.
- Networking knowledge a plus.
No Third Party resumes or candidates requiring a Visa sponsorship accepted at this time.