Sr. Oracle EBS Application Developer – V12.1.3 or higher
- The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in analysis, design, development and support of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.3 or higher. Expertise in one or more Oracle development tools such as Reports Builder, Workflow Builder, BI Publisher, Application Express, Approvals Management Engine (AME) is a must.
- Knowledge on multiple modules such as Payroll, Time and Labor, Human Resources, Payables, Receivables, Purchasing, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Sub Ledger Accounting is highly desirable.
- Participates in the more complex and difficult application of information technologies to business opportunities and solutions; assists in establishing, maintaining and enforcing development standards, processes and procedures; serves as the technical lead on computer applications from project initialization through implementation and validation; and performs a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
- 8-10 years’ experience in software development, specifically in Oracle E-Business Suite
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major in computer sciences, business administration, management information systems or a field related to the essential functions.
- Oracle Certified Application Developer is desired
- May substitute combination of equivalent education and related experience.
- Plans, directs and participates in the evaluation, design, testing and maintenance of computer applications.
- Participates in the peer review of other team members for accuracy, proper work methods and techniques, and compliance with applicable standards and specifications. Assists in the development, maintenance and quality control of programming and documentation standards.
- Provides in-depth analysis for establishment of new systems and enhancements to existing systems.
- Develops, documents and maintains computer systems design including, but not limited to, screens, reports, interfaces and programs; writes and tests new computer applications and systems; develops accurate time lines for assigned projects.
- Consults with representatives from city departments and external organizations to resolve problems; identifies and coordinates system activities with users and internal departmental organizations.
- Monitors and evaluates operations and activities of assigned system responsibilities; recommends improvements and modifications; produces functional and visual design recommendations.
- Performs database analysis to determine the most effective database designs; develops and implements new and improved database tables; creates and runs reports.
- Prepares documentation for new systems and changes to existing systems; in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Administers the functionality of payroll administration and financial modules within the Oracle eBusiness Suite including, but not limited to design, establishment, modification and monitoring of business rules and interfaces; report and query administration including definition, design, implementation and management; and serving as the subject matter expert to management and key operating personnel.
- Conducts or participates in business rules assessments; develops and implements rules and objects.
- Performs all duties and job responsibilities of a Systems Analyst.
Organizational structure, policies and operating procedures of the department and division.
Generally accepted software and system development life cycle processes.
Generally accepted validation and testing processes.
Generally accepted programming and documentation methods.
Principles and techniques of lead supervision.
Principles and techniques of project leadership.
Object and service oriented design concepts.
When Assigned to Oracle ERP Support:
Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
Oracle application middleware, user interface, reporting, query and backend development tools.
Oracle Human Resource, Payroll, Financials and self-service modules.
Structured Query Language (SQL).
When Assigned to Business Intelligence:
Advanced business intelligence administration.
Business rules and object development and support techniques.