Sr. Systems Engineer
The System Engineer is expected to conduct system analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies and work with other professional technical staff in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development. As new technologies emerge that impact current systems, the system engineer is expected to pro-actively learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our current systems. Provides advice, training, and technical support to customers, users, help desk, and programmers. The system engineer will be on call on a rotating basis.
- In a Windows server environment, performs installation, customization and maintenance of the operating system and system software products in support of business processing requirements.
- Performs system OS installations, system software maintenance, system security and product hardware and software upgrades. Experience with Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 required, Windows 2012 a plus.
- Expert knowledge of MAC Server and VTrak
- Experience integrating Apple Server shares/permissions with Active Directory
- Following change control procedures, tests and deploys software updates and patches.
- Candidate will have experience with backup software, Commvault experience a plus.
- Will have advanced troubleshooting experience and will be able to demonstrate those skills.
- Designs, develops or recommends new or revised or updated software and utilities as necessary. Provides in-depth diagnosis for operating systems software/hardware failures and develops solutions to resolve any issue.
- Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Prescribes system backup / disaster recovery procedures and directs recovery operations in the event of destruction of all or part of the operating system or other system components.
- Provides technical assistance for system users on system functions and in their use including application of system features.
- Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) experience required. Netapp experience preferred.
- VMWare experience required. VMWare 5.5 experience preferred.
- Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010 experience required. Office 365 experience a plus.
- Must be experienced with Anti-virus software, virus removal and remediation.
- Windows clustering 2003, 2008R2, and 2012 R2 knowledge preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Associate’s degree in computer sciences and 4 years of experience.
Operations, troubleshooting, patching, maintenance windows, application software upgrades, VMware, VMware templates, Commvault backups, Netbackup backups, Windows 2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, Exchange 2003, Exchange 2003 Cluster, Exchange 2007, Exchange 2010, Exchange 2010 DAG, 365, Anti-virus, Symantec AV, Windows OS upgrades, Windows OS installation, SCCM 2007, SCCM 2012, IIS, HTTP, HTTPS, Clustering 2003, Clustering 2008 R2, Clustering 2012R2, Oasis gaming system, SQL Clustering, Office 2007, Office 2010, Office 2013, MS Project, MS Visio, SAN, NAS, Netapp, and EVA.