ELECTRICAL HARDWARE ENGINEER
The Electrical Hardware Engineer will be responsible for developing electronic components and integrating firmware for our products. The Hardware Engineer will provide support to and work alongside other engineers to create innovative products and identify, implement and test applications and services that best prepare the company to meet future business goals.
The individual selected for this position will be a skilled “hands-on” electrical engineer with diverse technical capabilities. The individual must be a self-starter with proven development experience working with electronic hardware and related test equipment.
In support of development and production hardware, the engineer will be expected to leverage his/her electrical engineering expertise to perform PCB design and analysis, FPGA/CPLD designs, technical trade studies, analog/digital/mixed signal interface design, reverse engineer legacy designs, component selection, evaluation of technology insertion/upgrades, and laboratory test and troubleshooting.
The duties of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
Skills and Requirements:
- Design, implementation, documentation, electrical debugging and manufacturing support for company products and the development of electronic tools used to develop products
- Apply current professional, regulatory and company practices and procedures to develop new products and maintain existing products observing industry and proprietary standards
- Digital design and troubleshooting in the area of embedded processors, microcontrollers, and FPGA
- Analog and Mixed Signal design and troubleshooting (amplifiers, A/D and D/A conversion, power supplies, instrumentation, electro-optics, etc.)
- Participate in electrical design reviews
- Support for customer service as necessary
- Verify completeness and accuracy of product documentation
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably BSEE, BSEET or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Professional experience with state-of-the-art electrical engineering design tools (schematic capture and simulation)
- Good working knowledge of common electronic circuits and components and state-of-the-art electrical engineering design tools (schematic capture and simulation)
- Experience with design and manufacturing standards associated with multilayer PCBs
- Strong “hands-on” laboratory skills (electronic lab/test equipment: oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, emulators, debuggers, etc.), soldering, safety procedures, etc.)
- Experience with all phases of embedded hardware and software development (design, architecture, test, release and support)
- Proficient in C/C++ for embedded systems
- Experience with sensor integration, data acquisition and analysis.
- Familiarity with communication protocols including SPI, I2C, Ethernet, USB, CAN, etc.
- Experience with video systems